BPR Call Center – Doing ordinary things in an extraordinary manner
Banque Populaire Rwanda (BPR), best known as the People’s Bank,
is the largest retail bank in Rwanda with 190 branches and up to
1.5 million customers. BPR seeks to offer banking services to all
Rwandans countrywide and to improve the lives of the grassroots.
Because the customer is of utmost importance to BPR, the
bank offers affordable products tailored to meet all customers’
needs and fast and efficient services from capable and friendly staff.
The BPR Call Center was established in July 2010 to ensure that the bank keeps communication lines open with its custom- ers. By fulfilling the following objectives, the call centre is able to ensure customer satisfaction:
• To increase customer retention by accurately identifying customer needs and providing solutions to meet customer expectations
• Increase usage of BPR products through customer education, up-sell and cross selling
• Support marketing activities through customer education and handling queries about products and services, prices and promotions.
• Collect customer feedback and relay it to management to facilitate improvements in products, services and processes and en- sure smooth/ successful product launches.
• To support all other functions of the business by disseminating information to and from the customers.
Call center services are open to both internal and external customers and mobile banking customers have found it most helpful and queries dealt with range from salary inquires, PIN reissuance, reset tokens for Izzi cash and cash power and ATM enquiries. Clients who have used the call centre appreciate the service greatly and are impressed at the excellent service they receive. It has been described as a breath of fresh air!
The Call Center is only one of the ways BPR spoils its customers, hearing from customers is a priority for BPR. Other efforts to listen to customers and treat them well include conducting customer satisfaction surveys, holding customer forum and feedback sessions.
All these give the customer an opportunity to appreciate the services they are offered but also make comments and suggestions on what they do not like or would like to see improved. BPR also pays complimentary visits to key account holders. Customers are also free to make suggestions or comments on service through the suggestion boxes in all locations. These are dealt with to ensure service only gets better.